Ideas many and they are worthless if not shared and or acted upon , You cannot be possibly working on all of them all the time , i work on few based on my time , this page is started with an intention as notes to self and soon found its use for students who want to hack around , do drop me a mail if you are interested in working on any of it .
- Busroutes.in for Delhi/NCR this is going good , get in touch for more details.
- Search feature in Android marketplace based on License . here is the issue number 3746 on Android.This is just for wishful thinking keep reminding me about we are not in control of our data .
- Crowd Sourcing climate data : The way we are crowd sourcing GPS data using openstreet map , why not crowdsource weather and climate data this idea is from #odcblr.
- Context Search in Videos : i cannot search a video , i want to search video files without opening them as in looking at them , lets say i am there on one of the youtube videos now the challege is how to find on which video i am there without watching the file. Just imagine a second of Video has roughly 25 frames , if we had to look at all the frames and compare the Compute power required would be tremendous to execute this idea in present times , it not possible and we are not there yest in lots of areas so this one looks like one for future.
- Open Data Open Gov :Interfaces to Govt to open there data , more on standards and how all the applications are going to interplay , we had policy but they are to be converted to standards and implemented much of a top down approach .This one is happening in the form of http://www.opengovplatform.org/
- A study using Crowd Sourcing data for Speed Tests on 2g/3g services , it can be done for GPS services too. : useful for companies in giving good services to users , will help in implementing trai guidelines , users can know looking at the map and area they are not the only ones who are suffering from network lags. Working with Bandwidth place creator for license for his script.
- Crowsourced Transcription system : This idea came from Narendra Sisodiya , this system will be helpful for crowdsouring transcription work. I do not know why he wanted this one for should be asking him some day .
- Mobile networks of the people , by the people , for the people : What to do when we when all your telecom networks are choked , remember we have still not reached a point where every human on this Earth has a Mobile Phone. or some other distributed networks need to think and ask the expert what there vision is. As of now Ham comes to my mind , i know it Broadcasts to every one. one more wishful thinking idea!!
- living with so many Foss projects takes its own toll in following them all Forums,Mailings lists ,irc , wiki… there has to be a Community software which will plug all this info into single location lets say someone asks a question on irc that should go to a everyone to look and answer.i am looking for a mashup.